The goal of our research is to synthesize and fabricate nanostructure
materials, understand the fundamentals of nanoscale assembly, and
explore their unique optical, chemical, mechanical, and electrical
properties. By using various state-of-the-art microscopic techniques,
we will investigate structure-property relationship at the nanometer
scale. In particular, we are interested in multifunctional
nanomaterials for applications in sensors, photovoltaic devices, and nanoelectronics.
- Nanomaterial synthesis and characterization
- Layer-by-Layer multilayer assembly
- Polymeric nanocomposite materials
- Plasmonic nanomaterials
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering
- Electrospinning nanofibers
- Congratulation to Chao Qiu to his successful Ph. D defense. Nice work!!
- Lei has his paper on UV-cleanable SERS substrates accepted in ACS Appl. Mater. & Interfaces Nice work.
- Welcome Dr. Guo & Dr. Li to join the group.
Ying has a paper on SPR of gold nanorods accepted in JPC C Nice work.
Welcome our new group member, Dakota.
Nate and co-workers at NASA have their paper on SERS of GRR Ag NW LB films accepted in JPC C Nice work.
114 Churchill Hanes, Department Chemistry, The University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD 57069